Hygge, fun and LGBTQ+ community
Aeroe Rainbow Family Festival is a space for LGBTQ+ families to be themselves while holidaying in beautiful, safe and peaceful surroundings; meeting other families that mirror our own; and celebrating our families in all their diverse and intersectional glory.
A family holiday requires time, and because of that the festival program leaves room to do exactly what your rainbow family desires at a tempo that suits you.
With activities gathering all festival participants:
- An opening in the town of Søby, where we will play, make music and dance. We will all get to know at least one other family and together we will start the festival off with a burst of color and fun.
- Make, (or learn to make) a bonfire on the beach by the town of Ærøskøbing. Watch the sun set with a glass of wine as the children play in the waters edge.
- Join the harbor party in the town of Marstal and get a genuine maritime experience.
- End your visit at the local church as the vicar invites the festival indoors to bless us all as we say goodbye or "until next year!"
Aeroe Rainbow Family Festival will include activities where LGBTQ+ families or their members individually, can have fun with others and make new friends. See program information on the festivals homepage.
But there will also be room for more informal meet-ups, with ‘hygge-spots’ for various age groups, where children can play and parents can relax, get a cup of tea, practice the Danish art of hygge and chat with new friends and each other.
If you are interested in buying tickets and a campsite together Søby Camping is offering 20 tent sites with festival tickets as a festival package.
Søby Camping festival package: 4500 DKK
The package includes:
• 1 tent site for a personal tent (You must bring your own tent and other equipment. Kitchen and washroom facilities are on the campground.)
• Campsite fees for 2 adults & 1 child
• Festival tickets for 2 adults & 1 child
• Check in at campsite Saturday the 27th july 12:00 noon
• Check out of campsite Saturday the 3rd august 11:00
• Possibility to having up to 2 more children in tent at reduced price
• Free cancelation up to 1st of May 2019 (refund does not include ticket purchasing administration costs which are a fee paid to billetto)
In combination with the Søby Camping festival package, it is possible to add up to 2 children to a tent site.
+ 1 child in Søby Camping tent site & festival ticket 900 DKK
Søby Camping can also offer spaces for campers and cabin rental, for this contact Søby camping directly.
All other festival tickets are without accomodation.
The festival language is English.
The ticket price, which you can see in Danish Kroner, is approximately 135 Euro for an adult.