Explore some of Copenhagen’s most innovative contemporary buildings by the rock stars of Danish architecture.
(Visiting after April 2020? Find tickets for this tour here.)
Lonely Planet named Copenhagen as the ‘capital of cool’ and its top city to visit this year. Join the Danish Architecture Center (DAC) in exploring a new district with some of the most talked-about architecture in Scandinavia. With more than 11,500 people calling the neighborhood of Ørestad home, and thousands more working and studying there, it is Copenhagen’s largest planned urban development project. The district mixes housing, businesses, schools, cafes, restaurants, as well as recreation and beautiful natural landscapes. Hear the stories behind the design challenges of these innovative buildings.
From DAC, we’ll hop on the Metro together and visit 8 House (BIG, 2010) one of the most famous projects from Bjarke Ingels Group. Other highlights of the tour include the Royal Arena (3XN, 2016); Kalvebod Fælled School (Lundgaard & Trandberg, 2018); Upcycle Studios (NREP, Arkitektgruppen, 2018). The tour ends at the Vestamager Nature Reserve (Kalvebod Fælled).
Buy a standard tour ticket - admission to DAC is free if you are under 26.
- Meet: Danish Architecture Center Welcome desk, Bryghuspladsen 10
- Tour ends: Vestamager Metro Station (end of the M1 line)
- In order to take part in this tour, you’ll need either: 1) a single Metro ticket to the Vestamager station, 2) your transit card (Rejsekort) or 3) your Copenhagen Card (which includes transportation). If needed, you can purchase a one-way Metro ticket at DAC’s Welcome desk for an additional fee of 24 kr. Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the tour start time to purchase.
- Under age 26: Free DAC entrance for exhibition
- Under 12: Free walking tour with purchase of an adult tour ticket
Bringing a group to Copenhagen?
This tour is also available for private groups on the day/time of your choice. Get started by requesting a reservation.
3900 DKK (includes VAT) for up to 20 people. Group rate includes entrance to DAC’s current exhibitions on the day of the tour. Special discounts for tour operators and universities.
Find more info on pricing and get started by requesting a reservation.