Explore the diversity of Copenhagen!
Copenhagen is the city of residence to many people from around the globe. Denmark – and by extension its capital, Copenhagen – is often perceived as a homogeneous society and not very open to outsiders – but is this really true?
During the Diversity Walk, participants will discover some of the diversity the city of Copenhagen encompasses – from gender, sexual orientation, religion to ethnicity. By visiting a number of key organisations/sites we will learn more about the diversity of Copenhagen.
The event, which takes place on Wednesday 23 October 2013, begins at 15.00 at the International House (Gyldenløvesgade 11) and ends at Verdenskulturcentret (Fælledvej 7) at approximately 18.30, after which there is an optional dinner (own expenses) at the Café Baggården at the same address.
The event can be done either by foot or by bike (if you bring your own) – please bring appropriate clothing.
At the event you will meet – among others – the following organisations:
- International House – a one-stop shop for foreigners in Denmark
- Representatives of the Diversity Charter of Copenhagen City Council
- Kvinfo – the Danish organisation of information on gender, equality and diversity
- The World Culture Center (Verdenskulturcentret) – the cultural center in Copenhagen with a special focus on ethnic minorities
- And the organiser, Work & Life Denmark – who help expats create a life of quality
If you have to cancel after you have signed up, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you!
Work & Life Denmark together with British Council, the City of Copenhagen and partners
More information here: