DO NOT FORGET AFGHANISTAN - Conference 09.11.2020. Hear about facts, consequences & opportunities - and bring your own questions.
NB! All restrictions due to Covid19 are followed: Distance, hand sanitation etc. - and the public are placed with distance and at two floors in the conference hall. We are of course also following the new restrictions from monday 7th of September.
The conference will also be live streamed from 10.00 am to 15.30 pm from this link:
· 10.00: Moderator, journalist Keld Broksø, welcome you all.
· 10.05: Klaus Løkkegaard, Head of Secretariat, DACAAR set the frame for our day.
· 10.15: David Vestenskov, Chief Consultant, Centre for Stabilisation/Institute for Strategy, ROYAL DANISH DEFENCE COLLEGE: "The frontlines of today in Afghanistan."
· 10.35: Journalist Anders Jerichow, Politiken, tell us about medias and Afghanistan.
· 10.50: Political debate with three Danish politicians: Ulla Tørnæs (V), Eva Flyvholm (EL), Rasmus Nordqvist (SF): "What shall we do with Afganistan now?"
· 11.10: Questions to our three politicians from the audience.
· 11.25: Coffee-break
· 11.45: Tahmina Salik from Afghan Diaspora in Denmark. "How can they help?"
· 12.00: Via video from Brussels: Alfred Foehr, Humanitarian Aid in Afghanistan, DG ECHO, European Commission:
"European Assistance to Afghanistan: Can EU respond to the challenges?"
* 12.10: Klaus Løkkegaard, Head of Secretariat, DACAAR: "How can EU and ECHO deal with the Afghan crises?
· 12.20: John Morse, Director DACAAR, Kabul Afghanistan: John Morse: "Humanitarian Aid: a reality check."
· 12.35: 4 NGO´s + Warfair: DAC – Danish Afghanistan Committee, Mission East, Danish Refugee Council, Danish Peoples Aid, + Christian Friis-Bach, Warfair: "Efforts and perspectives."
· 13.05: Lunch
· 13.40: Welcome to The Minister for Development Cooperation, Rasmus Prehn: "Denmarks future role in Afghanistan."
· 14.00: Questions for Rasmus Prehn.
· 14.05: Ambassador Michael Lund Jeppesen: "Diplomacy and possibilities."
· 14.25: Panel discussion: "Lessons learned today."
· 14.45: Thank you from the moderator, journalist Keld Broksø.
· 14.50: Networking and drinks.
· 15.30: End of conference #donotforgetafghanistan