Do you love food?
Are you wondering which local products to buy, and where to get them?
Do you crave a closer connection to where your food comes from, or just a day in the countryside?
Would you like to visit a few small-scale farmers, see how they work, and hear what makes them unique?
FoodWise and Madland invite you to meet the makers of your new favorite local products, while enjoying the fruits (vegetables, meats, cheeses, chocolates, and beers) of their labor, on this day-long farm crawl of three small-scale, sustainable producers, including:
- Copenhagen Goat Milk - cheese and more from Danish Landrace goats (Jystrup)
- Østagergaard - biodynamic farm, social enterprise, and mill (Jystrup)
- Birthesminde - freerange Mangalitza and Danish Landrace pigs (Vipperød)
With special guests:
Join the bus from Friheden, and from there we will spend the day touring, eating, drinking, and merrily building community around sustainable food and farming.
Sunday, August 29, 2021
10:30 am - 10:30 pm
Bus departs from, and returns to Friheden - Esromgade 15, 2200 København N
Included in ticket purchase:
- Three farm tours
- Picnic lunch at Østagergård (vegetarian)
- Barbecue dinner and dessert at Birthesminde, prepared by chef Alex of Friheden
- Beer pairing
Available for purchase:
- Farm products for personal use
- Additional beers and soft drinks during the event
- Friis-Holm chocolate
What to bring:
- Bottle of water
- Practical clothing and shoes
- Tote bag for farm products for your personal kitchen
The event will be led in English.
The set menu will include meat, gluten, dairy, and nuts. If you would like a vegetarian menu, please let us know by sending a message to edith[at]foodwise.dk.
10:30 - Departure by bus from Friheden
11:30 - Farm visit to Copenhagen Goat Milk
13:30 - Lunch and farm visit at Østagergaard
16:30 - Farm visit at Birthesminde
18:00 - Happy hour with all producers at Birthesminde
19:00 - Long table BBQ dinner and dessert
21.30 - Departure by bus from Birthesminde
22.30 - Return to Friheden in Copenhagen N
See you on the bus, in the field, and at the table!