On October 5, TEDxAarhus invites you to [re]think your perspective, [re]ignite your curiosity and [re]imagine your ideas as we come together for a day of live talks, performances and interactive experiences that will each challenge, entertain and inspire you around the theme: [re]*.
TEDxAarhus prides itself on being Denmark’s premier speaking event and in our fourth year, we are excited to be [re]freshing our format and moving to the urban enclave of Centralværkstedet in the heart of the city.
11 diverse and engaging speakers will encourage you to [re]consider, [re]shape and [re]interpret the world around you as they share their ideas across - and beyond - the fields of Technology, Entertainment and Design at this world-class event.
An initiative of the global TED organisation, TEDx are non-profit events devoted to ideas worth spreading. TEDxAarhus is a local, independent, self-organized event that brings people together to share a TED-like experience. At TEDx events live speakers are combined with TED Talk videos to spark deep discussion and create connections. TEDxAarhus 2019 will be held in English.
When and where?
- TEDxAarhus 2019 will take place on Saturday, October 5 at Centralværketsted (Aarhus Central Workshops), Værkmestergade 9, 8000 Aarhus C
- Doors open at 10:00 and will close at 10:50. The first session begins at 11:00 and the last session ends at 18:00. Please be sure to arrive on time so that you don’t miss a minute of the excitement!
- Following the first session, lunch will be served and it will be followed by afternoon tea in our second break. After the final session, we invite you to join us for [Re]velry - a sundowner drink and mingle as our [re]sident DJ spins some tunes!
- The event will conclude at 19:30.
Who will you see?
TEDxAarhus prides itself on being Denmark’s premier speaking event. We are excited to have assembled a selection of speakers and performers who will each challenge, entertain and inspire you.
For an introduction to all of our speakers visit our website tedxaarhus.com.
What is included in your ticket price?
This is the hottest ticket in town! You will enjoy:
- Exclusive access to this world-class event, full of inspirational speakers, entrepreneurial individuals, fabulous activities and amazing entertainment.
- The chance to network with members of Aarhus’ community including designers, educators, business people, entrepreneurs, creatives, students, medicos, researchers and tech wizards.
- A full programme of fantastic break activities - alongside our talks, you will have the chance to c[re]ate, [re]invent and experience something new throughout the day.
- Great food and refreshments! Lunch, cake, coffee, tea and water will be served throughout the day, followed by a complimentary glass of wine to kick-off our [Re]velry session. The bar will be open throughout the event for the purchase of beer and soda.
- Access to [Re]velry, our sundowner drinks, where you can continue to celebrate and mingle with the inspiring people you have met during the day.
- Our new digital GoodiePack! As we take steps to become a more sustainable event, we have swapped flyers for digital goodies. We have gathered special deals from some of the city’s coolest and most sustainably-minded venues, organisations and eateries - so you can [re]discover your city on us!
Terms and Conditions (and Good-to-knows)
No tickets will be refunded when the purchase is finalized.
TEDxAarhus reserves the right to add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute artists and/or vary the advertised program.
Audio and video recorders are not permitted.
This year we will NOT have allocated numbered seating - meaning you will be free to switch seats between sessions. Lucky for you, every seat is the best seat in the house.
By purchasing a ticket, you agree that you may appear in photographs and videos taken at the event by our official TEDxAarhus photographers and film crew. These images may be used for promotional purposes for TEDxAarhus and TED.
You will receive your GoodiePack digital goodie bag via text message on the morning of the event. This service requires us to provide your nominated phone number to a third-party provider (GoodiePack) who will send you this one-off text. We guarantee your phone number will not be used for any other purposes outside this one-off text message. Please bring your phone with you to the event as there will be goodies to claim on the day!
Once you have purchased your ticket, if you have any dietary restrictions or food allergies, please make us aware of them by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transport and Parking
Centralværketsted is centrally located between Bruun’s Galleri, Comwell and DGI Huset. As we take steps towards becoming a more sustainable event, we encourage you to take public transport, cycle or walk to TEDxAarhus.
All public transport links (Letbanen, train and bus) can be taken to the nearby Aarhus Hovedbanegård (Aarhus H) train station (access the venue via Bruun’s Galleri). Aarhus Rutebilstation is also within short walking distance (access the venue via Spanien).
Bicycle racks are available at the train and bus stations. Paid car parking is available at Bruun’s Galleri and Kalkværksvej Parkeringsplads. Note: there is no parking available at the venue.
Share your experience
Throughout the day, don't forget to share your pictures with us using the official hashtag #tedxaarhus2019 and tagging us @tedxaarhus