The Nordic Food Lab proudly presents Wild Aperitivo as part of the 4th Wild & Feral Food Week 2018
The 4th Wild & Feral Food Week 2018 is founded by our friends at Berkeley Open Source Food. The purpose is to connect produce suppliers, markets, and restaurants to create a space for wild and feral edible plants to provide interesting, delicious ingredients for consumers and chefs.
Nordic Food Lab hosts and contributes to the event Wild Aperitivo to showcase the delicious potential of wild and feral foods in our own community. The Wild Aperitivo to some degree follow our Monday Aperitivo. It is an informal forum, where people can address their views with an amount of passion of a specific subject related to food. A forum from where dialogues and discussions between sciences, craftsmanship and industry take place to stimulate the appetite for progress.
The program for the event will offer lectures, showcases, discussions, and small tastings on wild foods presented by our special guest Professor from UC Berkeley and founder of BOSF, Philip B. Stark, Chef Søren Ejlersen from Årstiderne and Lene Ejlersen, the authors of the recent book Vildnis (lit. Wilderness) as well as Head of culinary research and development at Nordic Food Lab, Roberto Flore, and the two Mixologists Mads Schack and Hardeep Rehal.
Join us on informative lectures and be part of our interactive showcases that highlight the use of wild food in gastronomy!
- 15:00 Registration and Welcome Drink
- 15.10 Welcoming Speech
- 15.20 Søren & Lene Ejlersen
- 15.50 Philip B. Stark
- 16.20 Panel Discussion
- 16.35 Break
- 16.50 Foraging Tour around the Campus
- 17.35 Showcases (choose between Showcase 1: Wild Cooking with Roberto Flore, and Showcase 2: Wild Mixology with Mads Schack)
- 18.20 Wrap up & Mingle
Wild. Feral. Delicious.
Read more here:
- Berkeley Open Source Food https://forage.berkeley.edu/
- 4th Wild&Feral Food Week 2018 https://forage.berkeley.edu/wild-and-feral-food-week-2018/
- About the book (in Danish) by Søren Ejlersen and Lene Ejlersen, with photos by Ditte Ingemann: http://www.peoplespress.dk/produkt/vildnis-genveje-til-vilde-spiselige-planter.html
- Interview with Hardeep Rehal: http://honestcooking.com/hardeep-rehal-art-creating-perfect-cocktail/
- Article about Mads Schack: http://bagombaren.dk/bartenders-choice-mads-schack/
- Nordic Food Lab http://nordicfoodlab.org/